[on cinnamon rolls and staying humble]

You guys. I am actually the dumbest person I know. This story is just too good not to share. 

Today after work, I was feeling extra cozy because of all this rain. So naturally, I decided to throw on a pair of wool socks and some Christmas music and bake pumpkin cinnamon rolls...duh. [Check out the recipe here, I highly recommend them!] It turned out to be this, like, three hour long project...making the dough, waiting for it to rise, rolling it out, filling it and cutting it into cinnamon rolls, letting them rise AGAIN, baking them, making the glaze, and then frosting them. Eesh! So they turned out great, perfectly poofy and cinnamon-y and pumpkin-y and everything wonderful. I made two pans of them, so I decided to take one over to my brother and sister-in-law's to share the love. 

So I get there. Its dark, its raining...still. I jump out of my car, clutching the rolls with an oven mitt and trying to somehow scamper through their yard and not get soaking wet on the way. All of the sudden, I slip on some mud and in slow motion I watch my perfect pumpkin cinnamon rolls fly out of my hands and onto the cold, wet, and muddy ground. The glass pan shattered everywhere, I got mud all over my jeans, and I watched as my cinnamon rolls began to get soaking wet in the rain. 

I literally almost started crying on the spot. Finally I somehow got it together and ran up to my brother's door to explain to them that I made them pumpkin cinnamon rolls...but they were sitting on their front lawn with shards of glass in them and getting soaked by the rain. Of course, my brother immediately grabbed a pan and proceeded to rescue the rolls from the ground and somehow salvaged all but one of them...we just had to be careful of the shards of glass. And they tasted great. 

There's no moral to this story except just to stay humble my friends. You never know when you might end up in a pile on the ground in the pouring rain with some perfectly baked goods by your side. Oh life.