[2013]

Happy New Year's you guys. 

2012 was a year of change - I graduated from college, moved to South America, moved back to the States, made many new friends, lost touch with others, laughed laughs, cried tears, and have learned so much along the way. Geeze. Honestly, sometimes it felt (feels?) like God was yanking my teeth out, or perhaps like He had just plain forgotten about me. But as a wise friend recently told me, sometimes when it seems like God is silent it is because He is preparing us for something exponentially greater that we just can't see yet. 

Some days I still can't see it. Other days I feel as though I might burst with joy because of all of blessings He has lavished upon me. Some days I just don't want to learn patience any more. But through it all that still, small voice of the Lord rings true and clear. And I am reminded that this is His story, not mine. 

And that - that - is a reason to give thanks. 

“For last year’s words belong to last year’s language 
And next year’s words await another voice. 
And to make an end is to make a beginning.”
T.S. Eliot

Hi 2013! Here are some pretty things and tunes for your ears.





This cover of Arcade Fire's Sprawl II is so lovely.