[scones and farms]

I am beginning to think that maybe I should just make this a food blog since I've been doing so much baking lately. Sadly, I'm sure all the edible delights will become much more scarce once school starts in the fall, but for the time being I would like to share with you all this wonderful recipe for vegan banana blueberry scones that I made a few days ago! So scrumptious.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Combine:
3 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cups pureed banana (~2 ripe bananas)
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (or other berries!)

Form into little clumps and place on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle sugar on top of each and bake for 12-15 minutes. 




On another note, my cousin, grandma, and I took a little trip to Johnson Farm today to drop some things off and pay a visit to the donkeys there! We got to feed little fellas and wander around the grounds for the afternoon...I think I was meant to live on a farm. Here are some favorite shots from the day: